When you’re running a business, just managing paperwork can feel like a full-time job. It’s easy to let business tasks like reconciling your finances, reviewing insurance policies, and filing documents slip to the bottom of your to-do list.
There are ways to keep these types of tasks from piling up. Some can be done monthly, quarterly or annually. Adding a few to your to-do list is a lot easier than tackling dozens of tasks ahead of a tax deadline or at the end of the year.
Here are some items to add to your monthly, quarterly, and annual workflows.
Monthly Tasks to Add to Your Business Checklist
Completing monthly tasks like reviewing your finances help ensure your business is still on track. Spread these tasks out throughout the month or set aside some time at the end of the month to handle them in one sitting.
- Track your money. Keep your bank accounts and credit card up to date
- How is your business actually performing? Review your finances
- Where can you make improvements? Look for sales and expenses trends
Quarterly Tasks to Add to Your Business Checklist
Checking in on important items like your insurance coverage on a quarterly basis can help you avoid year-end surprises. Add a few of these tasks to your list each month to spread them out throughout the quarter.
- Are you adequately covered? Make sure your insurance coverage meets your needs
- Are you getting the best possible prices? Evaluate contracts with vendors and suppliers
- Review your efficiency. Consider updating or replacing equipment and technology
Annual Tasks to Add to Your Business Checklist
Another successful year of business in the books! Before you celebrate, wrap up the end of the year by evaluating your business and setting some exciting goals for the year ahead. There’s nothing better than feeling peace of mind as you head into the new year.
- How can you simplify tax season? Review your finances for the previous year
- Where do you want to be? Look over your business and marketing plans and dream big for the year ahead
- Schedule time for yourself. Plan your vacations and add them to your calendar
These monthly, quarterly, and annual tasks often fall through the cracks for busy business owners. After all, you’re busy providing excellent services to your clients. But if you’re seeking a little more peace of mind in your business, add these items to your to-do list. You’ll be glad you did!
Ready to swap panic for peace of mind in your business? Set up a conversation!